Re: Addition of Gnome Jabber to cvs.gnome.org

ons 2003-08-20 klockan 07.29 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:
> > Which brings up the question -- how does Gnome Jabber compare to Gossip?
> > What are the differences to Gossip? What's common? What are the
> > benefits? What are the drawbacks of one over the other?
> >
> > Are you familiar with Gossip? Have you spoken to Richard and Mikael? If
> > there's any difference in goals or methods of the projects, I'm sure
> > people here would like to know about those.
>
> Christian, there was a *huge* thread comparing and contrasting these two
> programs back when the module list for GNOME 2.4 was being discussed. It
> will be in the desktop-devel archive.

Are you sure? I could only find threads comparing Gossip vs. Gaim or
Gabber (treads at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-April/msg00455.html and
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-April/msg00478.html).

Gnome Jabber was never mentioned.

So it seems the starting field is:

Gaim		GTK+2 only
Gabber		GNOME 1.x only (GNOME 2 port only in early stages)
Gnome Jabber	GNOME 2.x
Gossip		GNOME 2.x

Given this, I feel a comparison between Gnome Jabber and Gossip is much
more relevant.

Christian