Re: Notification area (was: Re: ANNOUNCE: Wallpaper Tray barry)

> Argh, please, please don't abuse the notification area for this! The
> notification area is for a specific purpose (which none really seems
> to agree on), not for all applets.

I must admit, at first, I did try to use the "applet" way instead of the "notification area" way, but after several attempts at trying to get it working, I gave up.  Perhaps, I'm missing something fundamental??

Either way, the egg tray icon was the easiest way to do it.

I will change Gnome Jabber if I can get it working, but I may need some help on this.  Plus, last time I checked the panel documentation was a little dated.

Regards,
Martyn