Re: Novell acquires Ximian.

Nat Friedman menulis:
On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 15:08, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

Hi Nat,
So what does this mean in more practical terms? Will you get more
developers working on GNOME, less developers, the same amount of
developers? Will Ximian GNOME be used in a Novell linux distro toghether
with their Novell services stuff? Did they buy Ximian because they are
interested in GNOME or are they mostly interested in doing stuff around
Red Carpet? or was it Mono? How much atonomy will the Ximian unit have?
Will you and Miguell swim in champagne and spend your days watching polo
games for the most part due to this deal?

Hi Christian,

That's a lot of questions, and frankly I don't know the answer to all of
them yet.  That's because we haven't figured them all out yet; give us a
few weeks ;-).

I am taking the lead, with Miguel, on the Linux desktop strategy here at
Novell.
We believe that the Linux desktop is nearing a tipping point which could
cause explosive growth in the next 12-18 months.  We see a growing
pattern of large-scale deployments: 400 systems in Largo, 10,000 in
Brazil, 14,000 in Munich, up to 200,000 in Extramadura/Andalucia, and up
to a million in Thailand.  We want to help make this happen.

how about in country which no ximian before? such as Malaysia.
will Novell Malaysia will do such mass deployment?

--
Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol)
Signature ini mengandungi sembilan aksara 'a'

"Fiber optic tu kecik, kalau kita letak high speed internet 312 Kbps tu,
 nanti fiber tu pecah." -  1-300-88-9515