Re: Happy Halloween from 5th toe the new version.

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 12:31, Will LaShell wrote:

> gnucash

I'm pleased GnuCash is still considered for 5th toe, however I should
point out that the release we are working towards in december will still
use gtk/gnome 1.4 and isn't ported to gnome 2. We made a decision that
we wished to completed features and release them for 1.4 as we were in
the middle of developing them when gnome 2 was released.

> I'd like you all to consider what we could do with 5th toe. I think to
> do the most good for 3rd party developers, that having 5th toe
> "accumulate" application releases as developers make them and then
> freezing those releases as we near the official release times is
> definitely the way to go. The official release would consist of a set of
> sources that compile against the target GNOME release. I think 5th toe
> should have a separate release schedule that tracks the GNOME releases
> but doesn't necessarily match it.

It would be great for us if this criteria means that GnuCash could still
be a part of 5th toe. We would definitely appreciate any hackers out
there with an interest in helping port GnuCash to gnome 2. Our current
release plans are for beta test releases through november with a release
of the 1.8.0 version in early december. After this we shall be starting
on planning for porting to gnome 2.

Chris Lyttle
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit