Re: New user preferences program/capplet for RandR needed.

I understand.

Keith and I will be happy to help out, but my GTK programming skills are
rudemitary at best...

Note that it is actually pretty simple; you get a list
of possible sizes and rotations, and there is an event saying it is done
(or was changed externally).

And then there is the obvious hack needed to GDM, to say what resolution
a user wants when they log in (but GDM already suffers from feeping
creaturism, I have no doubt this will happen).  Keith realized we have
a race today (from when your connection is established, to when you
select for an event), but we discussed a fix for this.  This would clearly
happen alot on log in.
                         - Jim