Re: CVSROOT/modules

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

Hi Carlos,

On 28 Mar 2002, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

El jue, 28-03-2002 a las 10:15, Mark McLoughlin escribió:

	in this file? If so, why on earth do we do it so religiously?
I think this is just leading to the confusion for some people that in
order to import into cvs you need to put an entry into modules.

You need them if you want they appear at GNOME's bonsai
(http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai)

	I don't think so. gnome-panel isn't there and its in bonsai ?

You can type "gnome-panel" into the directory entry on the bonsai query page. For GNOME's CVS tree, it doesn't really make that much sense to have both the module and directory entries on the query page.

With mozilla, they generally use the different entries in CVSROOT/modules as different ways to check out the mozilla module (including or excluding various components). This isn't really that valid for the way we have things layed out in CVS.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/