Re: [Usability]Re: User interface suggestion for panels

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 19:45, David Moles wrote:
> I was starting to think that, too -- mostly I'm not seeing it on
> Ximian / RH7.2. But on closer inspection it seems to be somehow
> related to the panel applets themselves. The panel menus, launchers,
> etc. don't have the problem; neither does the task list or XMMS
> applet (at least, I can click at the very bottom of the applet to
> start XMMS; the fact of XMMS having six little tiny buttons isn't
> solved). But the CPU/Memory Usage Applet does have the problem.

Ahh, I see. gpilot-applet isn't active at the panel edges, and my
battery applet only displays tooltips when the pointer is directly over
the icon  Gaim's applet awkwardly scales its icon to the whole panel. I
made it new icons that leave some padding like gpilot.  gpilot-applet's
icon is fixed in size so it has a pleasant look, but isn't as easy to
activate.

--

sinzui cox rr com