Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...

On 24 Jun 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Besides, 2.x is about user-visible changes.  What is user-visible about
> > this work [1]?
>
> 	Maintainer sanity, is user visible :-) Cleanliness of implementation is
> user-visible ( in terms of bug count reduction ), re-reading the code
> during conversion will result in cleanups and bug fixes, bug fixes are
> user-visible.

By that definition, every possible change is user-visible. Are you sure
that most people don't use a somewhat more narrow definition of
user-visible? I'm not arguing that code cleanups don't bring benefits to
the end user in the long run, just that "user visible" might not be the
most appropriate terminology for this type of changes.

Christian