Re: Proposed release process/plans

I LOVE this process/plan. It clearly shows what we have learned from
2.0.0 as a project.

Now we just need to follow it ;-), and start getting used to making
dates we set. If we are constantly not making deadlines, there is
something wrong. So far it looks like it is going to be good we just
need to consistently do it.

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 19:29, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Also part of the short-term plan is that we cut a 2-0 branch when
> 2.0.0 goes out, and all future 2.0.x releases are rolled from that
> branch; HEAD becomes the pre-2.2 branch.

Why branch when 2.0.0 goes out and not before it? It might not be
important right now but we should branch before the release to avoid
having last minute commit that breaks everything. Also we don't have to
go thru a "nobody commits now" period.

regards,
Chema