GNOME support for new design recovery tool?

Hi,

We are working on a design recovery tool for
interactive graphical applications.

See http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~drt

Here are some screenshots of the prototype:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/gui1.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~drt/screenshot/index.html

We would like to support GNOME applications.
This requires a few things:

* compiling with -g -finstrument-functions

* linking with an additional object file for the tracer code

* non-blinking cursors having color 254,1,1 (we can track the cursor
   that way in the screenshots to identify the user's focus;
   255,0,0 is likely to clash with other aspects of the display such
   as icons)

Is it possible to provide this support in the GNOME configure scripts?

Amir