Re: Gnome Office summary from the Gnome Summit.

On 26 Jul 2002, Bruce Robert Pocock wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 13:03, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Martin Sevior wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > > Finally a really obvious point where we definately need to cooperate is
> > > the data format to the X-clipboard. We should be able to copy and paste
> > > and well as drag and drop between applications. Larry Ewing promised to
> > > write something about this and post it to freedesktop.org. Hopefully we
> > > can all agree on this.
> > >

> > Simply put, there is no excuse for copy/cut/paste not working between the
> > different apps. It would be nice if he cc:-d a relevant OOo list when he
> > does the posting.
>
> What about these?
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/clipboards.txt

Not even close to interesting if you are talking about cut and paste of
structured data. Text in a text editor is structred data as various
attributes (at the minimum, about font, text styles, etc) apply to it.

> http://www.newplanetsoftware.com/xdnd/

could help if say both parties saved it as a MS format temporary (or
something similar) and then drag'n'drop-ed that.

> both linked from http://www.freedesktop.org/standards

	Sander

	This is the place where all
	the junkies go