Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices

+++ Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 02:09:43PM -0500 +++
Gregory Merchan e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Nautilus has over 900 bugs open which are not marked as enhancement requests.
> At least one of them requires little more than search and replace. (patch
> submitted on list) Many which I've seen require interface design choices
> and should easily be fixed given those.
>
> Here are two design choices which made could help resolve bugs. I list an
> advantage and two disadvantages for each. I hope that those replying will
> extend the lists and eventually a conclusion can be reached.
>
>   Should Nautilus use internal views of non-folder content?

Yes. People like it, it's useful and we would be derided if we killed
a feature all other next-generation file managers seem to have.

>   Should Nautilus support browser-style navigation?

Yes. People are used to it from the Windows platform and/or Web
browsers; it also makes more sense for navigating a directory tree
than distinct windows (IMHO).

mawa
--
"They vote with their vaginas."
                         -- Rush Limbaugh on why women vote for Bill Clinton