getting on top of Nautilus bugs

On 2/27/02 10:59 AM, "Luis Villa" <louie ximian com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 13:12, Darin Adler wrote:
>> Sadly, I haven't been able to get "on top of" the bugs since we moved
>> Nautilus bugs to the Gnome Bugzilla. I can't use the bug database
>> effectively yet to keep track of what needs work in Nautilus and I'm not
>> sure why.
>
> If there is anything, /anything/, I can do to make this happen, please
> let me know. This offer of course extends to all maintainers, but esp.
> to nautilus, which now owns an extremely significant fraction [something
> like 30%] of all open bugs in the system. I personally am at a loss as
> to what to suggest, but if you have any ideas, I stand ready to help
> implement and organize them.
> Luis

I can think of a few things you can do that would help me right away:

    1) Make a report that shows all the bugs that are "must fix for Gnome
2", grouped by priority. You should be able to click on the various
priorities and get the query for that set. Then I can quickly answer the
question:

    How many "must fix for Gnome 2" nautilus bugs of each priority?

And then dig into the actual bug reports. Right now, I have no idea how to
query for this, and I don't want just a query -- I want a nice report that
helps me see the priorities, and maybe even who the bugs are assigned to
some day (once we actually start assigning some rather than having them all
just say nautilus-maint).

    2) Run the query of "bugs not categorized for whether they are 'must fix
for Gnome 2' or not" regularly, and make sure that new bugs either get put
into that pile, or put aside. And explain to me how I can tell which of
those 3 categories a bug is in. Can you tell me right now how many of the
Nautilus bugs are "not looked at to see if they are must fix for Gnome 2" as
opposed to "fix not required for Gnome 2" right now.

    3) Get rid of confusing extra things like duplicate milestones. What are
we using those Gnome 2 milestones for? How are we using milestones in
general for Nautilus bugs?

    -- Darin