New releases of libxml2 and libxslt

Both libxml2-2.4.15 and libxslt-1.0.12 are no available in the FTP
for pre-gnome2 and also in the stable area. I suggested to avoid
2.4.14 and 1.0.11 I released last week because they had serious
portability problem.

  The two big changes in those release are:
  - change of licence from dual W3C IPR/LGPL to simply the MIT Licence,
    the first good reason is that Keith Packard asked for it to include
    libxml2 in XFree86, and second was that people didn't understood
    the dual licencing or did not understand the W3C IPR (very close to
    the MIT Licence) or had issue with the "GPL" in LGPL. It was a mess,
    this clean things up.
  - both libxml2 and libxslt now includes Python bindings that I expect
    to maintain as part of the libraries. Those are portable at least
    in Linux, they work on i386, ia64 and alpha, they also work with
    python 1.5, 2.1 and 2.2 . By default the RPM builds bindings for
    all the python incarnation found on the system (1.5 and 2.1 for
    the i386 rpms I ship).
  - I had to change an internal libxslt API, and reorganized the libxml2
    includes a bit, the first one should not have impacts for any user
    code and I hope I have fixed all the problems w.r.t the includes.

  I have only one bug left non-fixed for both libraries and it's a
very specific and hard to fix issue in the XSLT/XPath engine. I think
(/me knocks on wood) that those two releases are getting close to what
I expect to ship within the final Gnome2 platform version (I will then
probably bump the version number to 2.5.0 and 1.1.0).

Daniel