Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.
- From: "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey oudaltsov clients ie>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.
- Date: 06 Feb 2002 10:17:15 +0000
> The CIL has one feature not found in Java though: it is
> byte code representation that is powerful enough to be used as a
> target for many languages: from C++, C, Fortran and Eiffel to Lisp
> Basic in the mix.
I do not know about _all_ these languages. But there is a lot of
implementations of different languages based on JVM:
How can you claim Java bytecode is not "powerful enough"?
It is just not true.
Not that I promote Java here, just don't want people to be misinformed.
Also, in the statement there are few if any comments regarding
SOAP/GNOME perspective. Will SOAP eventually replace CORBA/IIOP?
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev