Re: copyright notice format (Christian Neumair)

According to Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> :
> My first proposal was
> (C) <first-year-code-was-published>-<last-year-code-was-published> <author>

Unfortunately in both the USA and Australia (at least) this form isn't complete
enough.  Instead of listing a date range, i.e. 1999-2002, you need to list each
year, "1999, 2000, 2001, 2002".  You also need the "Copyright" tag and "All
Rights Reserved", giving you for example:

Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 John Doe.  All rights reserved.

Using (C) instead of © is also allowable, but in the days of post 7-bit ASCII,
© is preferred.

I've just been through this in my day job *groan*.  Had to update lots of files
a couple of times while the lawyers settled on something - yeah for perl :)
--
Michael Davies         "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in
michaeld senet com au   the first place. Therefore, if you write the code

This mail sent through SE Net Webmail
http://webmail.senet.com.au