[no subject]

I was using Pango with the XFT backend and AA, and my desktop became
unusable after some time. XRender isn't accelerated on my machine (r128
card), and apparently Pango/Xft was (very) slow. My X server also ended
up taking an awful lot of RAM (usually it stagnates around 50/60 megs,
and then it was taking like a 150 megs more, or just about).

> Do you have access to a decent perf measurement tool ?  gprof is
> fairly unhelpful and I've yet to get the eazel-tools working under
> gnome2.=20

I guess Owen would have some way of debugging Pango in particular. I
don't know about the rest.

Cheers

--=20
/Bastien Nocera