Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

> 	By doing it in public ? as suggested - if you can think of a better
> way, please, please propose it. Currently the 2 alternatives are

Public certainly helps

> inclusion on the grounds of taste ? why should a larger project be any
> different whatsoever ? We should collectively have a broader taste
> anyway.

Thats why I think its important it is bounded. Core gnome yes, fifth toe
"does it work do people like it". And it has to be seen that being a core
gnome package is cool, not that gnome has arbitary barriers to developers

> 	Sure; that's good too - but I'm not mooting 'beauty' as 'C', '8 stop
> K&R', but more 'has no clue about dynamic allocation', 'twisted and
> over-complicated flow logic everywhere', 'riddled with redundant casts
> and cut and paste code' - That sort of thing.

And you intend to teach the people whose code you find issues with. If you
don't have the framework to show these people what they need to work on
and the time to see them guided to getting it right then its a barrier not
progress.

> > For fifth toe I don't think anything beyond looks like gnome, feels like
> > gnome, must be gone is valid as a consideration.
>
> 	Agreed - as I said before. 5th toe doesn't interest me, the 'core' [ or
> whatever things like 'nautilus' and 'yelp' are called these days ] do

Yep. Right now "core" seems to be the right phrase for it but I think thats
a bug in the RH beta Im using not the tarballs 8)