Re: We need a solution about .po files && UTF-8

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome-db org> writes:

> emacs (if you read the gnome-i18n thread you can see that seems like it
> has some troubles).

Using Emacs from CVS head (plus the settings I posted) does it for quite
some languages, though.  Emacs 21.2 features limited UTF-8 support.

BTW, I don't see a problem to ship .gmo files UTF-8 encoded while the
.po files can stay unchanged.  Converting .gmo files can either happen
at 'make dist' or at 'make install' time.

--
ke suse de (work) / keichwa gmx net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o