Re: Pango branched

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:28:09AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I've made a pango-1-0 branch of Pango to separate out the
> GNOME-2.0 version from pango-1.2 changes (such as a switch
> to Xft2) that I expect to start checking in soon.

  Hum, yes it's time to start announcing plans for the evolution
of the core libraries.

 I have been working on XML Schemas support for libxml2 for the
last month but didn't commited it to CVS because it was really not
in a shape to be pushed. Things are starting to take shape and I
would really like to push to CVS. But I'm not fond at all of branching
last time I did was 2 years ago and I still have the sequels from
years waiting for the Gnome project to resync.
  Since the change are basically adding new modules in the XML Library
(unicode, regexp and schemas) and not modifying any existing interfaces
I'm really tempted to keep the head being the current libxml2 version
and at least in a first time not have Schemas support compiled in by
default (i.e. configure will not select it unless asked). However
it is clear that I will make it part of the official API in a not
too distant future.
  So as announced during the Talk at Guadec I expect to grow the
libxml2 API in the near future (no backward incompatible change are
expected),

Daniel