Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

On 11 Apr 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 22:07, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > > Yeah, at the moment Sun (and probably Red Hat too) "must" fix GtkHTML2
> > > since we need Yelp to work in GNOME 2... but Ximian "must" fix
> > > GtkHTML1 in order to port Evolution. So short-term probably there's no
> > > way around having to fix both at least a bit.
> > >

> > Well, with things like tentative beta build schedule floating around, I
> > would much rather describe the port of evolution as a hard requirement as
> > a mid-term thing or something similar...
>
> 	I just don't understand this paragraph, any chance of expanding it ?

Products base on gnome2 platform that include gtkhtml2 are reality - a
reality that is nearing beta - now, while there does not appear to be any
"we want to ship gnome2 based evolution" date, and consequently there are
no hard dates as to when that "ximian needs to port evolution" actually
becomes true.

> 	Regards,
>
> 		Michael.
>
> --
>  mmeeks gnu org  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding