Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

tis 2002-04-09 klockan 08.20 skrev Miguel de Icaza:
> > 	* We noticed the strange version numbering / namespacing issue
> > 	  between GtkHTML1 and GtkHTML2 and GtkHTML1 ported to Gnome 2.0
> > 	  and they both use the 'gtk_html_' namespace.

Hi!

> This is indeed a problem.  Could we change the prefix of one of them
> instead of `hiding' one of the engines?

The idea that we came up with was that we change the name of GtkHTML1 to
EHtml (or what-ever) and hide GtkHTML2. As Havoc stated, neither is part
of Gtk+ and thus prefixing with Gtk is somewhat confusing in both cases.

> Note: I was not on that meeting, and have no idea about what was
> discussed.   I would be interested in knowing Anders' opinion, because
> he wrote GtkHTML2

Anders was on the 'meeting' (which was more-or-less a bunch of us
sitting down on Guadec discussing this issue).

I later learned that Nautilus is currently using GtkHTML2 for displaying
HTML. Is this correct, and if so, it might not be a good idea to 'hide'
it in Yelp.

I would be interested in hearing what the current maintainers/hackers on
GtkHTML1 thinks.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/