Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

On 8 Apr 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Cody,
>
> On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 16:08, Cody Russell wrote:
> > While it may not be the easier approach
>
> 	Well, it's not just a matter of ease, but pragmatism. Yes it would be
> cleaner to delay any chance of porting evolution to Gnome 2.0 by the man
> years it took to add excellent editing to GtkHtml1, and we might have a
> more 'perfect' codebase in the end.

Well, if you had read what Cody wrote then you would also have seen what
he said about moving gtkhtml1 to live inisde evolution, which in no way
adds additional overhead to ximians evolution porting abilities, whenever
these happen.

> 	You simply have to determine if this is worthwhile, and it seems there
> is a consensus that it isn't.

Where would the evidence of that consensus be?

> 	Regards,
>
> 		Michael.
>
> --
>  mmeeks gnu org  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding