Re: GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001
- From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman sun com>
- To: mjs noisehavoc org, bill haneman sun com
- Cc: gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:08:29 +0100 (BST)
In anticipation of questions about "if there is no public API why is it
part of the platform" ;-)
>gail 0.1 : exports no public API
Required for functioning of ATK (without it ATK is mostly a no-op).
>at-spi-0.1 : not 100% API frozen, but IDL should be frozen
> barring API bugfixes and API additions.
> We may add additional language bindings in the near term.
> We hope that, since nobody depends on this API yet (except us),
> we can be forgiven some degree of slush in this library.
Required by any clients/customers of Gnome Accessibility, e.g. assistive
technologies. There aren't any of these yet, but without this library
they cannot be developed, thus this is a developer library we want to
promote and support. It requires the 'gail' package, above.
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev