Re: GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:20:31AM -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 09:14, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > Does something actually use - or will be using gnome-http in gnome-2.0?
>
> Gnucash uses it.  I don't know if that's enough, but it's there.  I
> can't see any alternative short of libwww, and for the most part
> gnome-http does what it's supposed to do with low hassle.

  I don't care about keeping gnome-http
  I warn seriously against using libwww, unless you really need to do complex
     HTTP processing
  There is a minimal HTTP client code in libxml if you have simple needs
     and gnome-http gets removed.

On the topic of the Sep 26 deadline, libxml2-2.4.5 and libxslt-1.0.4
are the current Alpha version, unless I manage to make a new release in
the meantime (but since I'm moving next week probability is low).

Daniel