Re: GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001

Hi,

Can I play "parallel install coordinator" and request that everyone
get parallel install fixes into their package before this release?

I will be providing patches here, unless I run out of time. Already
sent off for several packages.

Status appended. This leaves out needed changes to stable branches,
which I'm also working on.

If we can get parallel install fixed I can make packages of the
platform release that don't require people to uninstall their
desktop.

Havoc

Doesn't matter since we're using same package for GNOME 1 and GNOME 2:

  audiofile
  esound
  xml-i18n-tools

Doesn't matter since new in GNOME 2:

  atk
  gail
  linc

I have outstanding fixes that should go in before release:

  bonobo-activation
  bonobo-config (new in GNOME 2 but affected by changes to other packages)
  libart_lgpl
  libbonobo
  ORbit2

Unknown or needs fixing, I will be working on these:

  gconf
  gnome-http
  gnome-vfs
  libbonoboui
  libglade
  libgnome
  libgnomeprint
  libgnomeprintui
  libgnomeui

OK in current released version, I think:

  glib
  gtk+
  libgnomecanvas
  libxml2