Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

>> For instance, Java-GNOME has the following "namespaces"/"packages":
>> gnu.gdk, gnu.gtk, gnu.glade, gnu.gnome

Sander> having java packages called gnu.blah is not a good idea. In
Sander> fact, just arbitrarily leavng aside the standard package
Sander> naming convention is pointless.

The `gnu.*' convention is already in wide use.  There are some reasons
explaining why in a web page somewhere on the FSF site (I don't have a
URL handy).

There's also an FSF mailing list which is used to handle naming in
gnu.*.  If you add a new package there you will want to reserve it by
contacting these folks.  I believe contact info is in the Java pages
on gnu.org.

Tom