Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:13:38PM +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > org.gnome.xml                           - libxml (if it makes sence to
> > bind)
>
> It does, except not in this way. The way that would make sense to have a
> binding for libxml/libxslt would be a wrapper that would allow it to be
> used as a "standard" sax/dom parser a'la xerces/xalan. If you can't do
> that, there is no point in doing the binding.

yes there is because lib2xml/libxslt API is a very large superset of what's
available with SAX/DOM. Xalan implements a number of extensions too, they
didn't restrict them to those API. And the Java people seems to anyway try
to push for yet one more Java XML tree interface. I really don't see why
people should not write Java wrappers for libxml/libxslt. And as maintainer
I tell they can go ahead, I'm just not personally interested in the effort.

Daniel