Re: API docs locations

On 3 Sep 2001, Anders Carlsson wrote:

> > Anders Carlsson <andersca gnu org> writes:
> > > So for gnome 2 it'd be very nice to have some sort of common location
> > > where all api docs would be installed. Any thoughs?
> >
> > How about /usr/share/doc/packagename-version/html?
> > Following the FHS.
>
> Yeah, that's fine with me. I'll have libgnome* use this location, (once
> I get docs building :)

However, under the perspective of packagers,
/usr/share/doc/packagename-version/html can be a very bad choice, since
%doc will install various docs there. I'm not sure about Redhat and Debian,
but for Mandrake docs, %doc directory will be 'rm -rf'ed before placing
any docs there, thus losing all API docs.

Abel