Re: List setup: [gnome-de-admin gnome org]

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 04:38:38AM +0100 or thereabouts, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> IIRC, our list admin isn't available at the moment.  Will someone please
> help to drop the "member-only" status?  Random GNOME users should be
> allowed to send corrections to the gnome-de list.

I'm not on that list, but I *like* "only subscribers can post;
non-subscribed people have to get posts approved". It shouldn't
cut out people who aren't subscribed: the messages get through
in a timely manner usually. Admittedly this assumes a single
list-owner isn't on holiday, but you can have multiple owners,
can't you?

Since the subject came up, though...

I have been getting some very dubious spam which originates (I
think) in Portugal for a while now. Recently it's been coming
from the same site but with rather more graphic content.

And whilst lots is coming straight to my address, some is coming
through a "anyone can post to" mail alias at gnome.org. That's
gnome-1 4-test-team gnome org  I don't think it ever had more than
a dozen people on it. Since posting to it resulted in another spam,
a vacation message and two addresses no longer known, I suspect it
can go :)

I thought it was just me, but asking on #gnome showed there were
a bunch of other folk getting them. I'd be curious to know whether
there's anyone active on Gnome mailing lists who has *not* got
spam from telepac.pt, in fact :)

Telsa

PS: I haven't touched the reply-to, but I think the list probably
doesn't need a head-count of "yes, I get that" and "no, what are
you talking about?"..