Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

On 11 Oct 2001, Glynn Foster wrote:

> > I can't see a complete UI freeze inbetween gnome releases as benefiting
> > anybody at all in the world. Among other things it would put all the
> > authors who decide to give in after a 3 month long email bomboing campaign
> > by the Gnome Usability Project and fix the gross bugs in a really awkward
> > situation.
>
> One point to be said *for* a UI freeze, however, is that you can be
> pretty much certain that the 1000's of documents aren't broken as a
> result of someone fiddling around with the UI. Why? Each document
> probably contains one or two screenshots and more for some. Each
> document is translated into say 10 languages, with seperate screenshots
> required. That's a lot of breakage in my book :)

The question is - a UI freeze when and for how long. Did you read the
gnome2 schedule at all? 8-)

Of course we need UI freezes - and we also need string freezes. Otherwise
people doing docs and localisations have no hope of ever getting anything
done. We also don't want to have these in effect for longer than needed,
which more or less translates to 'not for most of the time'.

> 				See ya,
> 					Glynn ;)

	Sander

I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.