Re: Gnome-print 0.30 is out

In message <1002238785 15738 45 camel tont kaplinski com>, Lauris Kaplinski wri
tes:

>I have decided to go ahead by releasing single feature update a
>time. And single, most important feature was - guess it - neither
>TrueType support, nor OMNi inkjet driver, but instead more sensible
>fontmap location.

>Read installer/README.installer and README.binaries for more
>information about fontmap changes. It is designed with binary packages
>in mind, so hopefully we'll get rid of 'broken fontmap after installing
>gnome-print-whatever.rpm' syndrome.

This is the first I've heard of the problem since I modified the spec file to
actually function in conjunction with the newly added fontmap file about a year
ago:

2000-11-20  John Gotts  <jgotts linuxsavvy com>

	* gnome-print.spec.in: Fixed the run-gnome-font-install/no font found
	problem.

As I recall, when the fontmap file was changed to fontmap2, the only change
required to the spec file was a global substitution.

I bet 99.9% of the problems are people ignoring RPM dependencies and breaking
their system by installing incompatible RPM's.

It might have helped to copy me on the fontmap discussion, but I will take a
look at the changes and see if they're any good.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts