Reminder of dates: one week until beta 1

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:45:52 +0000
From: Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk>
To: gnome-2-0-list gnome org
Subject: Reminder of dates: one week until beta 1

The return of the amazing ascii progress-o-meter arrow, for people
who prefer email to repeatedly having to fire up a browser to check
 http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

  GNOME 2.0 Release Schedule

    October 24  Package List FREEZE - package list for Gnome 2.0 finalized
    October 31  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2. Platform Alpha 2
    November 2  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Platform Alpha 2
    November 2  API FREEZE - any further API changes must be individually
                approved [1]
    November 23 Feature FREEZE - no feature additions for core packages w/o
                approval of release team [1]

-> YOU ARE HERE. (Imagine a large red blob.) With one week to beta 1. <-

    December 5  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1
    December 7  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1
    December 21 UI FREEZE - no more UI changes w/o approval of release team [1]
    January 2   PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2 [2]
    January 4   RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2
    January 16  String FREEZE - no more localizable string changes w/o
                approval of release team [1]
    January 23  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1
    January 25  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1
    January 25  Deep FREEZE - release team approved fixes only from now
                to final [1]
    February 13 PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 final
    February 15 RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 final [2]

Sander is going to start getting all jumpy about tarballs if more
don't arrive, and he will fret on IRC and here and on the phone.
Save my phone bill! Upload those tarballs! Or at least promise
to get them in on time :)

I hope I don't sound so peremptory normally. This is Telsa with
"I need to complete at least one task for the release-team minutes"
hat on.

Telsa