Re: DRAFT Human Interface Guide release (0.1)

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 11:33:04PM +0000, Iain wrote:

> > Release the hounds!
>
> (From the toolbars page)
> For discussion: A few people only want to recommend one type of toolbar.
> Which should it be? We can't really recommend the GAL one because it's
> not part of core GNOME. On the other hand, the Gtk one is somewhat
> clunky, and projects like Evo, AbiWord etc. are unlikely to switch to it
> anyime soon.
>
> ===
>
> Which is "The GAL one"?
> If it is the [** Description][**][**] (where ** is an image) then this
> is done with bonobo and can be changed between image only, image and
> text or image and priority text mode. This is the one I would recommend
> personally.

Yes, that is "The GAL one". This is provided in Gtk+ 2.0 (1.3.xx)
with the GtkToolbarStyle enumeration value GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ.

I've been aware of other such inaccuracies in the HIG and that's one of the
reasons I was opposed to a release announcement at this time. I wish I could
say check the CVS version, but that is likely to be a moving target so I
don't see much point to that.

Trying not to start a tirade,
Gregory Merchan