Re: DRAFT Human Interface Guide release (0.1)

[dumping some CC line]

Iain <iain ximian com> writes:

> (From the toolbars page)
> For discussion: A few people only want to recommend one type of toolbar.
> Which should it be? We can't really recommend the GAL one because it's
> not part of core GNOME. On the other hand, the Gtk one is somewhat
> clunky, and projects like Evo, AbiWord etc. are unlikely to switch to it
> anyime soon.

I would use the GTK one by default for now because it's good enough,
low-overhead and easy to use, and a new one is one of the likely GTK
2.2 items. For apps already using the Bonobo setup using that one is
fine too, they look about the same. Everyone will then want to port
for GTK 2.2 (which is planned to be ABI-compatible, so not nearly the
big deal that 2.0 was).

For existing code, IMO whatever it does for toolbars should just be
left untouched, on the principle that it will want porting for 2.2
anyway.

Havoc