Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core mmclouglin

El lun, 26-11-2001 a las 01:24, Michael Meeks escribió:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >       Essentially, when configuring, take the icon, encode it in xml
> > and stuff it in the .server file. It would work, and its all very
> > exotic and stuff, but personally I think its rather crack laden :-)
>
>         Just a word from the burned - I wouldn't get too het up about the
> possibilities of applets on remote machines - they will cause much trouble
> beyond the worry about whether they have icons.
>
>         I'd design the quickest and best way of doing this on a local
> machine; and if that means coding a path - go for it. No icon is not the
> end of the world for a very corner case.

Well, I talk about applets as an example. Please think about Evolution
components. They have the same problem. Think about running the shell in
your local machine and the addressbook running at a remote machine. We
have the same problem there.

The question is. Are we offering a distributed system? or only a local
system?

Bye

--
Carlos Perelló Marín