Re: Panel Accessibility (long, but please read) [was Re: Panel Status - GNOME 2.0]

On 18 Nov 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> On Sun, 2001-11-18 at 17:35, Sander Vesik wrote:

> > > yes, but the panel (and all of gnome core) should be accessible, IMO.
> > > And this should be considered something very important to have for GNOME
> > > 2.0.
> > >

> > Welcome to the 'wants to send a lot of accessability related patches
> > against gnome core' club.
> >
> thank you for admitting me, but, sorry, I would never belong to a club
> that would admit me as a member :-)
>
> Seriously, I don't think I'll be able to make lots of patches for
> accessibility, sorry, but I'll do it as soon as I find the opportunity
> (= when I finish re-factoring GNOME-DB for GNOME 2 and start adding
> accessibility support to it)
>
> The intention of my mail was to support a little bit Bill, since it
> seems he is alone on these discussions :-) So, you won't have many
> patches from me, unfortunately, but you'll have my support, if this
> helps you some

The problem is - it does not seem all that likely there willbe any
accessability patches from anybody but the sun accessability folks, and
thus its extremly unlikely that it will be in place for gnome core by 2.0
even if it was considerably postponed.

> cheers
> --
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> - <rodrigo ximian com>
> http://www.gnome-db.org/ - http://www.ximian.com/

	Sander

"I don't think there is intelligent life within our solar system"
	-- Brian Behlendorf