Gnopernicus, an Integrated Screen Reader and Magnifier for Gnome

Hello Again Folks:

I'm delighted to announce, in cooperation with the Gnome Accessibility
Project, the inception of what to my knowledge is one of the first
assistive
technologies for the Gnome 2 platform [*], and the first LGPL-licensed
screenreader for linux, Solaris, and other Gnome-ready operating
systems.  To my knowledge it will be the first open source integrated
magnifier/screenreader to date.  It will also be the link that bridges
the Gnome Accessibility Project's work from 'infrastructure' to 'end
user' for many users, and as such will be one of the first customers for
the Gnome Accessibility Project interfaces libraries.

The project's working title is Gnopernicus, and the Gnopernicus team
proposes to add this project to Gnome CVS.  (Please let us know if this
is agreeable.)

I will leave it to the team to introduce themselves and the project
further...

Best regards,

Bill

[*] by this I mean software AT which interacts directly with the Gnome2
platform; accessX is already fully interoperable with Gnome.

[I would also like to acknowledge the previous work of Paolo Molaro in
self-voicing for GTK+ (gspeech) and basic screen magnification (gmag) in
Gnome 1.X.]

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit