Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 18:25, Christian Rose wrote:

> > > Didn't bother the Swedes much when they did it in 1967  :)
> >
> > They probably still haven't dug out all those who took a wrong turn in the
> > winter out of habit 8-)
>
> Hmm, the figures I've seen is that the amount of traffic accidents after
> the change (which happened on the early morning of the 3rd of September
> 1967) was reduced to about the half of the same period in 1966.

However, all speed limits were substantially lowered as part of the
switch-over, and were incrementally increased over a period of time.  So
everyone was driving very slowly (and no doubt paying a _lot_ more
attention than usual), which probably would explain any decrease in
accidents.

So I guess the logical conclusion is that if we switch the button
ordering, we should also reduce everyone's mouse sensitivity to
compensate.

-JT