Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

> There is really no magic here, we could implement something similar
> using PAM, CORBA and a bit of UI gadgetry.
>

> But since no one is really running blocks of code in the same process
> with priveleges, the number of restricted tasks you can let users
> perform with authorization is limited by how much you are willing to
> split your program into a GUI front end and a back end process that
> does the real work.

The big issue is doing the authentication _first_. Thats what
userhelper does for you, and does as far as we know safely - including an
unpriviledged front end.

Not that this helps a lot in the volumes case, the volume id is short global
and ascii. The user naming is likely to be longer, per user and utf8

Alan