Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 02:50, Julian Missig wrote:

> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/proposals/dialog.html
> "rationale: The eyes of people who read left-to-right tend towards the
> upper-left and lower-right corners of boxes. Therefore the action the
> user is most likely to perform should be located in the lower-right
> corner. With this button order, the action the user is most likely to
> perform is always in the same place and is always the most noticeable."

Is is really hard to see the three buttons 'at once' in the dialog?
Unless of course, when you have 10 buttons in the row. Well, 100ms
difference should be tolerable, in that context of ergonomics. :-)

Seriously, I don't see any 'significant' advantage in switching the
style to the 'mac style'. Right now people may be saying "That's the
windows style". But after the change, people will only say "That's the
mac style" and nothing more. No one will ever find the difference in
comfort, if there exist some.

Regards,
-Naba