Re: List setup: [gnome-de-admin gnome org]

> I'm pretty sure, all kind of "spam protection" does more harm than
> good.  If one want to do something against spam, you've to check the
> mail headers and to complain where complaints belong to.  Building ivory
> towers will make the world worse.

I wouldnt bother with complaints. Those ISP people who care about spam already
acted.

> Of course, it is everybody's right to just ignore spam (press 'd') if
> time doesn't permit to take other actions.

Or unusbscribe, which is much simpler - especially because spammers
intentionally target open posting mailing lists.

> Often, this doesn't work.  Worse, owners often tend to forward messages
> instead of approving them properly.

So get list administrators who can work the software. Mailman can be
administered by people who don't know anything other than "my web browser"
"my email" "shutdown button"

> > Admittedly this assumes a single list-owner isn't on holiday, but you
> > can have multiple owners, can't you?
>
> I guess Martin will not be available for quite some time, though...

So get multlple list admins. The web forms handle it quite happily.

Alan