Re: prefs storage plan

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:59:10PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So did anyone have further comments on this? Or should we start
> considering it a bug anytime an app doesn't follow these guidelines?
>
> In particular, if we change how panel config works, this proposal
> would have a lot of impact on that. Also of course the control center
> will need to consider these issues.
>
> We have to have a desktop-wide plan here, or things end up sucking.

Slightly less than the resounding vote of confidence I thought it
deserved followed this mail.  :(

For what it's worth, I read the original and thought it was a good idea.
I must admit I didn't really stand up and scream that out since I sort
of assumed people would see this as the only plan we have so far and
approve it tacitly.

The current dramas the ensue when somebody uses multiple sessions should
convince people that something like this is required.

Malcolm

--
For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.