Re: GtkEntry behaviour on focus-in

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:

> Hey guys,
>
>    I am just wondering if there is any reason to not have GtkEntry
> automatically select the contents of the Entry on Focus-In.  This is
> pretty useful in Windows, and is a bit annoying that all of our dialog
> boxes have this feature.

[ implementation is rather tricky, but that's no reason to
  reject the feature ]

 - Does this happen when the user clicks to focus an entry or
   only when you tab in?

   (I assume it doesn't apply when the toplevel holding the entry gets
   focus and the entry already has the focus)

 - Does this apply to multi-line text widgets or just entries?

Regards,
                                        Owen