Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)
- From: Iain <iain ximian com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, Alan Cox <alan redhat com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)
- Date: 26 May 2001 18:47:04 -0400
> If we want to eliminate trolling, well, there is a very easy solution
> - turn on moderation of comments. If people would like this, then they
> could help it happen by volunteering to assist with moderation.
Didn't work for /.
Won't work for us.
> More intricate solutions are possible. I suggested several weeks ago
> that we probably should require an account with an emailed password
> for posting, though that would require implementation. (Various
> people followed up to object to the idea.)
I have no objection.
> In any case, I think having a news site, whether there are comments or
> not on it, is a good thing, and turning it off would look bad
> for GNOME.
Turn off commenting, work out what should be an article and everything
will be good (possibly).
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev