Ximian Gnome 1.2 on Solaris/Sparc. WM problems!

Hey all, I've got a pretty ticky problem here that I really need help with fixing.

I did a regular install of Ximian 1.2, Solaris8/Sparc. When I log into gnome, it 'seems' to start up okay, even says its loading the window manager. But when it comes up, all the boarders around dialogs and programs and messed up, just distorted and weird. To fix it, I just goto the control-center and switch window managers, dosn't matter which one, sawfish, gnome-wm, twm, fixes them right up. So I think gnome is failing to start a windowmanger on load, or else it's loading twm and THINKING it's loading sawfish, and sending the boarders to be displayed and, IE, the distorted display. That's my only guesses, has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it. The real killer is I've installed this same dist on 3 other Solaris8/Sparc boxes, one of them the exact same type, a sun enterprise 250 server. All three of those boxes worked great for testing, and this server I'm putting it on now, is a production server. Kinda ticks me off that testing phase went great and production phase is totally messed up. Thanks for the help!

Brandon Wilson.