Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy

> c) Sander was sceptical of the performance gains cothreds gave so he and
> Erik will conduct some performance tests comparing cothreads and a
> pthreads implementation.

A correctly written coroutine subsystem will blow threads a way, especially
crud like pthreads. Please remember pthreads was not designed for anything
but quick compromise between people doing stuff in differen highly
incompatible ways.

Values of 100 times faster for linux clone over pthreads create are not
unreasonable.

I have one other question.

If gstreamer is going to be accepting remote connections has anyone given it
a formal auditing ? Until network code is audited I think we should not be
committing to it