Re: libtool-1.4 / automake-1.4p1

Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl> writes:

> On 16 May 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
>

> > I'm about to commit changes to GLib/Pango/ATK/GTK+ to make them depend
> > on libtool-1.4, so we can have proper inter-library dependencies.
> >
> > People building GTK+ from CVS will need to upgrade to libtool-1.4, and
> > also to automake-1.4p1, which has changes for compatibility with
> > libtool-1.4
>
> Also it will be good recomend using latest gettext 0.10.37.

If you are going to be doing anything with the GNOME-1.4 packages or
GTK+-1.2, I wouldn't recommend this until we have fixed versions of
AM_GTK/GNOME_GNU_GETTEXT macros.

And you won't need it to build GTK+-2.0 from CVS.

[
 However, if you are going to be running make dist or doing translation
 work on GNOME-2 packages, I would recommend upgrading so you don't
 risk mangling multi-byte .po files.
]

Regards,
                                               Owen