Soup is checked into cvs.
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Soup is checked into cvs.
- Date: 11 May 2001 20:55:51 -0400
Soup has been put into GNOME cvs. The runtime is licensed under
the LGPL, the compiler is under the GPL. This is the work of Alex
"Bad Trance" Graveley and Dick Porter.
>From the README:
Soup is a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) implementation in C.
It provides an queued asynchronous callback-based mechanism for sending and
servicing SOAP requests, and a WSDL (Web Service Definition Language) to C
compiler which generates client stubs and server skeletons for easily calling
and implementing SOAP methods.
It uses the GLib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK applications.
* Completely Asynchronous
* Connection cache
* HTTP chunked transfer support
* authenticated HTTP, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 proxy support
* SSL Support using OpenSSL
* Apache module server support
* Client digest authentication
* Standalone SOAP server support
* SSL Support through Mozilla NSS
* Server digest authentication
* Gconf configuration and proxy integration
* UDDI Support
* Disco support
* GTK or Bonobo object generation
To subscribe to the Soup discussion list, send mail with the word "Subject" in
the message body to soup-list-request ximian com
* Licensing for the Soup runtime is LGPL, see COPYING.LIB for more details.
* Licensing for the WSDL compiler is GPL, see COPYING for more details.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev