Re: GNOME 2.0 Status and Martin's Travelling Schedule

On 3 May 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

> * gnome-helpsys.c, gnome-textfu.c, wap-textfu.c
>
>   Elliot, what's up with these files, you put them into libgnomeui
> last century and then never looked
>   at them again ?
>
>   I'd consider this API at least as "highly critical" at the moment;
> it's immature, half-finished and
>   nobody seems to care about it.

I think the main thing remaining to be finished was the 'point at a widget
to get relevant help' thing. I did not finish it because doing it
correctly required a bunch of lowlevel X thinking that I didn't have the
brains for.

wap-textfu vs gnome-textfu is somebody else's import of my Gtk2-ized
textfu thing. Basically the wap-textfu Gtk2 stuff needs to go into
gnome-textfu while keeping the gnome-textfu features.

I can try to answer any questions people have about hacking on the
unfinished code or making use of the API.
-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale
		at the rate of $50/month.